- Max’s Dad conjures up Abraham Lincoln and explains to him today’s Republican party.
- Dave Dubya directly quotes Republicans for about 2/3 of his piece to illustrate moral relativism, moral rot, and the real takers.
- Wisconsin conservative James Wigderson notes that Democrats, emboldened by Tuesday’s returns, have expanded their list of Republican targets to include the Speaker himself, Paul Ryan. James suggests it is a lost cause, in part because Ryan’s likely opponent was discovered to be two payments behind in child support. Interesting what conservatives consider disqualifying these days.
- nojo at Stinque analyzes the votes in last Tuesday’s election and draws conclusions on the unattractive side of being white in America.
- Green Eagle runs the scenarios and considers the most frightening outcome of the Mueller investigation.
- Tommy Christopher disagrees with an impulsive comment by Keith Olbermann. No, says Tommy, Trump is not worse than Osama bin Laden. At last we have found how far we have to lower the bar.
- Ted McLaughlin at jobsanger speculates, in cartoon form, on the advice my President hopes to get from China on The Wall.
- My conservative friend T. Paine, at Saving Common Sense, is outraged over the light sentence accorded to Bowe Bergdahl, the AWOL soldier who was captured by the Taliban. He does not mention that the probable reason for the sentence was the loud mouth of Donald Trump.
- Yellow Dog at Blue in the Bluegrass goes to detailed studies of contemporaneous news reports and demonstrates that one of the most heinous acts of contempt, spitting on returning veterans, likely never happened.
- @bjork55 at Bjork Retort remembers the ninth anniversary of an important American event.
- M. Bouffant at Web of Evil gives us a tick-tock of Marxist-Leninist Thought.
- This week’s note in Trumpian ‘Alternative Facts’ comes from California State Senator Kevin de León contrasting Trump climate assertions with scientific truth in an address to world-renowned climate scientists at the Vatican.
Oh, by the way,
Hello. The current administration is trying really hard to make sure you don't know you have access to good, affordable health insurance. pic.twitter.com/VU10FkD2Xy
— John Scalzi (@scalzi) November 1, 2017
Let’s be safe this week.