Merry Christmas to All
- The Journal of Improbable Research, brings us the latest actual, not made up, study on whether left armpits smell the same as right armpits. In this 14 minute podcast, Marc Abrahams discusses the research with biologist Christina Agapakis, and it’s worth it, if only for the entertainment value. Enlightenment is added at no extra charge.
- Human Voices suggest an improbable cosmic antidote to the modern phenomenon of fake news.
- Michael Kinsley points out that fake news actually has a long and diverse history.
- Last Of The Millenniums compares tweets and notices that our incoming President is now declaring himself on both sides of the War of Christmas.
- Frances Langum bangs her head against any available table at the glee expressed by our incoming President as he envisions starting a nuclear arms race, and the joyful reaction by Morning Joe.
- Tommy Christopher chronicles Christmas joy on the part of white supremacist groups as they anticipate the new President’s assistance in fund raising. Seems they have been registering as tax exempt charities for the purpose of promoting hate crimes.
- John Pavlovitz slaps around evangelical preachers who praise God for giving us Mr. Trump.
- Stinque celebrates the long life of Zsa Zsa with a strange tribute from the President Elect.
- At Whatever Alan Baxter reviews his own book, an unusual fictional action piece including fight scenes with a different view of martial arts
- A personal note:
Vincent at A Wayfarer’s Notes weaves, seemingly without effort, remarkably entertaining insights into all manner of things from the raw material of what I would have thought to be mundane experiences. He walks around the block and I learn how hundred year old architecture connects to ancient Oriental philosophy. He buys a quart of milk and I find out how some philosopher looks at the nature of time. As far as I can tell, he doesn’t break a sweat.
I try to forgive him for that. Forgiveness comes especially hard at family gatherings when some relative talks about this fellow Vincent who must the best writer on the internet. Everyone nods as if I’m not there.
But Vincent redeems himself this week with favorable mention of me and mine.. I guess he’s not so bad after all.
And to All a Good Night